U.S. Based Life Insurance Death Benefits if You Move Back to Your Country

A commonly asked question: “If I move back to my country will the life insurance company still pay out the death claim?” The answer is “YES”, as long as a verifiable death certificate is provided to the insurance company. People working and living in the United States as Permanent Residents, Foreign Nationals, and Visa Holders can purchase life insurance in the U.S. and move back to their home country and have the assurance their beneficiaries will be able to collect on their policy.

As the major income provider for your family it is important to protect them. Do not be misconstrued that U.S. based life insurance carriers will not pay out the death benefit if you eventually move back to your home county. It may take a little bit longer to pay out the death claim but as long as the insurance company receives proof of your death; they will pay out the death benefit to your beneficiaries. Plus, it will most likely be less expensive to purchase a policy in the U.S. and have the backing of one of the most solid economies in the world.

With most major insurance companies, they require Foreign Nationals, Green Card holders and Visa Types to live in the U.S. for at least two years before applying for life insurance. Several insurance companies will underwrite life insurance policies for these visa types:

  • E1, E2, E2c, E3, Eb5
  • G1, G2, G3, G4, G5
  • H1B, H1c, H4
  • J1, J2
  • K1, K3
  • L1, L2
  • M1, M2
  • O1, O2, O3
  • P1, P2, P3, P4
  • R1, R2
  • T1, T2 T4, and TN-1/NAFTA
  • U1, U2, U4
  • V1

If you would like to have a conversation about getting life insurance please call our Bellevue Pacific Insurance Group office at 425-246-1676 or go to www.pacificinsurancegroup.comfor more information or to generate a free instant life insurance quote.